Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Grief, ps..

Just finished the session on grief and grieving. I'd worked up a powerpoint presentation complete with audio clips etc but didn't get to it at all because people's stories carried the evening, as I should have trusted they would. I learned so much. People told their stories of grief with such wisdom, honesty and care. It felt to me like the kind of space that opens up healing. Thank you all who were here. It was preceded by evening prayer, soup and another one of our members giving a faith testimony which was a beautifully wrought reminder that each faith journey is unique. I feel blessed by the evening and tired at the anticipation of the day ahead. Peace and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten for Ten. Ten reasons it's great to be a pastor, in celebration of my 10 year anniversary of ordination.

I'm in there somewhere. I was ordained at Luther Place Memorial Church in Washington DC on November 10, 2007, ten years ago today. ...