Saturday, March 14, 2009

In the Post!

Not much time to write because I'm finishing a sermon for this afternoon's service, but I want to let you all know that Prince of Peace's creation care team got in the Post today. The article highlights churches who are carbon fasting for lent. Very cool. Our carbon fast calendar (thanks Joyce) has great, easy suggestions for being more conscious of your impact on the environment. Most are quite simple ways to start paying attention. Yesterdays suggestion:

When boiling or heating water on the stove, use a pan with a lid. Only use as much water as you need.

That's pretty simple, right?

Before I came in the church to finish up writing, I went to check on our garden - a faithful gardener was out there hard at work. "The pressure's on!" he said, noting the Post article says we're rolling out the garden on April 19th. Kids have seeds that they are watering, the fence is being constructed right now. We're right on time. Back to the 10 commandments - the subject of today's sermon.
Peace all -

2 comments:

  1. Thought the sermon today was wonderful - it definitely wasn't what I was expecting on the topic and has given me plenty to think on this week. Keep 'em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ten for Ten. Ten reasons it's great to be a pastor, in celebration of my 10 year anniversary of ordination.

I'm in there somewhere. I was ordained at Luther Place Memorial Church in Washington DC on November 10, 2007, ten years ago today. ...